We want all of our customers to have the most enjoyable, memorable and, most importantly, safe experience when discovering people using our application. While we work hard to ensure the safety of our users taking swift action against violators, we insist that you should always be extra cautious when getting to know people you do not know online, no matter which application or website you use. Here are some tips we compiled especially for you:
- Never send any money to another Member;
- Clearly state your expectations as early as possible to avoid misunderstandings;
- Cease communication with and report anyone who violates this Safety & Security Policy;
- Don’t share your password, access to your account or any official identity document with anyone.
NOTE! We strongly recommend our members to follow NJ Rev Stat § 56:8–171 (2017):
(3) «Never include your last name, e-mail address, home address, phone number, place of work, or any other identifying information in your Internet profile or initial messages. Stop communicating with anyone who pressures you for personal or financial information or attempts in any way to trick you into revealing it.»
(4) «If you choose to have a face-to-face meeting with another member, always tell someone in your family or a friend where you are going and when you will return. Never agree to be picked up at your home. Always provide your own transportation to and from your date and meet in a public place with many people around.»
Scam and reimbursements
Below you will be able to find what we categorize as scam, and what reimbursements we are able to provide for each case scenario:
- A Member misidentifies him/herself (i.e., someone who uses another member’s profile without permission to communicate with you). We will reimburse all Bolts incurred communicating with this Member.
- A Member requests money or expensive gifts from you. We will reimburse all Bolts spent on communicating with this member and ban the Member permanently
- A Member deliberately misrepresents details in his/her profile to encourage further communication with you. These details include and are not limited to Age, Gender, Location and Photos. We will reimburse all Bolts you incurred communicating with this member and ban the member permanently.
Not a scam
In our experience, building relationships online may lead to certain innocent misunderstandings. We advise you not to rush to conclusions too fast, and to discuss any misunderstandings with the Member you have encountered them with, before reaching out to us to file a complaint. After all, you may as well save your relationship. Here are some examples of what is not necessarily a scam:
- Messages with an informal style of writing (our platform is open to various types of communication, including casual as well as formal);
- Confusion or forgetfulness about past conversations;
- If a Member doesn’t answer all the questions you ask;
- If on any level of your communication, the Member takes the decision to stop developing your relationship;
- If a Member has photos of relatives, friends, ex-partners and other personal info posted on any social networks;
- If a Member wears rings on their fingers (wearing rings does not mean a person is married, regardless of which finger it is on);
- If a Member uses a nickname.
Please, stay safe, follow this policy and encourage others to do the same.
Magnet Customer Care Team
If you feel you have been scammed by any Member, please reach out to us: email@example.com. If your claim is approved you will receive a full refund of Bolts you’ve spent on communicating with the alleged Member.